Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How do I get IE8 to remember a password after I have already denied having it remember initially?

I logged into a web site the first time and IE asked if I wanted it to remember the password, at the time I thought No, but now, I'd really like it to auto fill and remember. Any ideas on how to do this? I can't find the button!! (and no, I ain't sending you any of my passwords to try out! : P )|||Internet Explorer lets you choose never to offer to remember any passwords (on the dialog box where you choose between 鈥榊es鈥?and 鈥楴o鈥? there鈥檚 a checkbox for this). If you select the box and click 鈥楴o鈥? IE won鈥檛 offer to store passwords anymore.





You can reset this selection by resetting IE to default settings (Your favorites will still be retained unless you choose otherwise). To do so:





1. Open IE (make sure there鈥檚 just this one IE window open).


2. Click 鈥楾ools鈥?at the top right corner and click 鈥業nternet Options鈥?from the drop-down menu.


3. Go to the 鈥楢dvanced鈥?tab.


4. Click 鈥楻eset鈥?and follow the prompts.





The next time you go to the website, you鈥檒l get the prompt to save the password for future use.





Here鈥檚 to Good Karma - iYogi Active Response Team

No comments:

Post a Comment