Tuesday, December 20, 2011

When I installed the Yahoo version of IE8, it would not run due to memory conflicts.?

Yahoo's version of IE8 after installation would not run. I get error messages that it cannot write to several memory locations. I had to use my backup program to revert back to IE7. Is there a fix for the problem?|||I've encountered the same problem as you. I tried to upgrade to IE8 from IE7 but an error message appeared saying that there is not enough memory. So, I uninstalled the problematic IE8 using Windows Components and reinstalled it again. This time it worked. There might be memory conflict between IE7 memory usage with that of the impeding IE8. My suggestion is to not upgrade rather uninstall IE7 and install IE8 as a fresh component.





Or, some might say, just download Mozilla Firefox.|||it's acually microsoft that (possibly) yahoo is redistibuting. if you're having a problem go to the microsoft site and download it there. there seems to have been some issue w/ some computers trying ie8 and there is a partch/workaround, however, i have not seen the problem and i've been using it since beta 1 and now on win7 w/ it's own version of ie8. iw ill try to find a link to the work around and post it here if i find it. ie8 has some really neat features so when you get the firefox fanboys tellign you to change, remember, you may be having problems either because of yahoo or because of your machine. brb.





see this article:


http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window鈥?/a>





good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment