Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How do you add ie8 with a pre-installed version of ie7 using Vista? It came with my Compaq?

When I tried a few times, it asked me to uninstall ie7 and I can't. It's not in my Uninstalled Programs? Does anyone know the answer to this question?|||You don't need to uninstall IE7. IE8 installs over top of it. Not to mention, you don't want to uninstall IE7 because your windows updates go through that and it is embedded into your operating system. Make sure you get IE8 from microsoft.com and nowhere else.


If you don't like IE8, you can uninstall it through your windows updates with Vista.|||IE 8 is still buggy... Leave it for now. Is it worth this much trouble to get it? Give Firefox a try. You can easily migrate you IE settings over when you install it.

No comments:

Post a Comment