Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How can I contact Yahoo directly to ask: Why do I keep getting notice to upgrade to IE8 when I already have?

I keep getting a notice to upgrade Yahoo with IE8, when I have already done so.


How do I contact Yahoo; [I did get one answer, but I have not been able to find an e-mail address or phone number.]


Thanks.|||Contacting Yahoo won't make a difference. It is simply an ad they run promoting their own product. It will show up when they want it to, and they will not stop it just for you, sorry.





You can try clearing your cache files and restarting your system. This will clear out any old files that may be 'tricking' Yahoo into thinking you still have the older IE, but it is no guarantee that it will stop the ad. I still get it once in a while, have had IE8 for months - and clear my cache on a regular basis. I've learned to simply ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment