Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I uninstall IE8 from my computer?

I have Windows XP and I've already tried: Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and removing it that way and what's strange to me is that every installed program in the list has the option of removal, except the IE8, why is that??? I don't know what else to do, can someone help me, I just want to go back to IE7. Thanks in advance|||To revert back to IE7 from IE8:

First try the Add or Remove Programs route.But you say there is no option to remove IE8 so you might have installed SP3 after upgrading to IE8. If that is the case then you will have to unistall SP3 first then remove the IE8sp then when you have IE7 back reinstall SP3.



You might first try the alternative method of removal:

Open the run dialog box or

the cmd prompt and copy and paste the following line:



%windir%\ie8\spuninst\spuninst.exe



That will attempt to uninstall the IE8sp using the IE 8 servicepack uninstall utility.

If that fails then uninstall SP3 then remove IE8 then get SP3 again. But when you get updates again be sure to look at the list of updates and deselect the IE8 or it may upgrade it again.



Hope that helps|||I'm curious if that worked for you...


Maybe since you never returned it hosed it and now you don't have any browser at all??? If it did then go to add remove windows components and check the InternetExplorer box and save it and it will re-install IE...

Report Abuse


|||If you want to go back to IE7, then go to the Windows internet download website. Look on the forums or on the internet section. Then you can download the IE7. Sometimes it uninstalls the IE8. The website will show you how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment