Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I reinstall IE8 for Windows7 on my laptop pc?

I Downloaded IE9 on my laptop pc and I HATE IT, so Now I'm trying to go Back to IE8 but Every version I've tried to download says it's Not compatable with my program (assuming Windows7)


What can I do to get back to IE8 and resume enjoyment of my pc?|||Unless you have a restore point that is prior to your installation of IE9, or feel like re-installing from an older Windows CD that has IE8 on it, then you are pretty much stuck.





I would suggest getting Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, and ditching IE anything.





I keep IE on my machine for the (extremely) rare occasions that a site hiccups in other browsers, but it is renamed 'Internet Exploder' because it has big enough holes in it's security to drive a mack truck through.





I also keep some older Mozilla browsers - so in the event that somebody figures out how to mess up the newer ones, they are generally exploiting something that didn't even exist back then. I can still get online and download whatever fixes I need.|||you cant downgrade software before deleting the previous version. go to control panel -- uninstall programs-- then on the left side click where it says microsoft updates delete the ie9 update and just go download and install ie8. i would recommend you download ie8 to your desktop before you start this process|||You can uninstall iE9 by going to Uninstall programs from the Control Panel and going to the Updates section from the left side of WIndows Update. I was able to uninstall IE9 while it was in Release Candidate stage and so you should be able to uninstall IE9 this way.|||Excuse me for the off-topic, but, why IE? You have so many other browsers : Opera, Mozilla, Google Chrome (i think is the best browser, user-friendly, low memory consumption, fastest).

No comments:

Post a Comment