Friday, December 16, 2011

How can I go back to IE8 from IE9 running windows 7?

I'm not finding a link to dowload IE8 again. I loaded IE9 earlier tonight and all I've done is hit refresh a hundred times since then !|||I know this sounds really ad-esque, but...





Get Firefox.





Internet Explorer is literally the best way to have slow internet. It's as unstable as a teenage emo on her period, no joke.





It is so hard to mess up Firefox it's not even cool. Save your time and switch, you'll love it.|||You can't install IE8 from a standalone installer as it is built-in to Windows 7. IE9 is treated by Windows 7 as an update, not an application.



What you have to do is uninstall IE9 from the Windows Updates. Go to Control Panel %26gt; Programs %26gt; Programs and Features %26gt; Installed Updates. Scroll down until you find Windows Internet Explorer 9. Select it and click on Uninstall.



After the uninstall, you will be automatically be returned to IE8. There's nothing else that you need to do.



By the way, are you sure you want to go back to IE8? IE9 is a lot faster and more secure than previous versions of IE. I personally liked IE9 due to it's minimalist design and speed. It's not my default browser though. I use Firefox 4.0.1 because of its huge selection of add-ons. :)|||I really have to agree with at least one other answer, like a silly girl on her periods. I spend half the day refreshing or rebooting. I really believe Microsoft does not want to fix it. Maybe they've got a few shares in Firefox. Eric.|||Click Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features.





On the left-hand side of your screen it says "View installed Updates". Click on that and scroll down to where it says "Internet Explorer 9". Uninstall it and it will automatically roll itself back to Internet Explorer 8.|||try installing chrome!

No comments:

Post a Comment