Friday, December 16, 2011

Why does Yahoo keep telling me to update my browser to IE8 when i already have?

I updated my IE8 today but I am still seeing messages at the top of pages telling me that I need to update it.|||Are you sure it is not saying to download IE8 safer? They have a safer IE8 that fixes some glitches IE8 has. You should download it.|||First, the banner ads message that I see is, "Yahoo recommends you update your browser." And I too have the latest IE8 installed and see this message near the beginning of many of Yahoo's web pages.





Presumably this ad displays whether one needs the latest browser version or does not. I say because these same type ads offering IE8--on many of the MSN web pages, which after clicking on one of these banner ad displays the message, "You already running the latest version..." (you're left feeling as it should continue by saying...you big dummy!)





I doubt we need concern ourselves with this matter, knowing no better explanation and we're running current software. It does make more sense that these banners would only display on those browsers needing updating. However, it may be that our firewalls and or virus protection software, or even that we're cleaning old files off from disk drive--as we should, makes better guess of reason, and 'could' explain the IE8 ads displaying. That our browser cookies are gone, cleaned during file management type maintenance that Yahoo site cannot detect properly that our version code is updated. Therefore, the default displays this ad; IE8 detection being less than positive--creates ad.





I offer my suggestions since your question has not drawn a more definitive sounding answer than this guess of mine, having wondered about this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment